Sunday, May 3, 2009

Springfield, IL, Nappanee, Indiana, and St. Louis, MO

May 2, 2009
We arrived at Springfield, IL and it’s just like any old huge city that adds a great chunk of pollution to our world. We drove through till we got to the quieter part of town. We then went to President Abraham Lincoln’s Museum. It was great. It told everything I needed to know about Lincoln. Lincoln was born in Kentucky. Then they moved Indiana. But he really spent most of his time in Springfield, IL. Whoo! Springfield! It told about their four sons and how everyone died but Robert, there oldest. I even got to go to Lincoln’s Tomb! I could see his skeleton! Just kidding. It was very cool.

We were going back to the RV, and I’ll tell you, I was pretty shocked that there was no Simpson’s museum. After that we drove to Indiana and went to Newmar’s RV place to get repaired. We had to wake up at 5:30 every day for three days.

The first night we went around town and met my mom’s friend, Sheryl. She has a husband named Ron. They were very nice and I could ride my rip stick there. They brought us to a pizza parlor and ate super good pizza.

The second day, we went to a museum about different people like Amish, Mennonites, and Hetterites. After that we went to the best ice cream shop ever. They made waffle cones as big as your fistJ We talked to the worker, named Mrs. Colleen. She has a husband named Mr. Ron and they have a dairy farm. They planted alfalfa, wheat, soybeans, hay and corn. We got to drive a tractor, feed a cow, and let the calf suck on our fingers. It was great!

The third day we met an Amish lady named Mrs. Sara. She invited us over to her house and we got to play with her two dogs, four cats, three horses, a calf, and thirty-nine chickens. We got to go in a buggy ride to the horse shoe shop and watched Boots, their horse, get his shoes replaced. We also went to an Amish store and there was the nicest worker I’ve ever known. She gave me a pocket watch and I bought a shocker pen. We went back to Mrs. Sara’s home and met and played with their four kids. Now I am here blogging while everyone is having fun outside. Bye!

April 28, 2009 - St. Louis, MO
My dad’s friend’s name is Mr. John. He and his wife, Mrs. Robin, are very, very nice and also have four daughters named Kelly, at age 9, Nicole, at age 11, Catherine, at age 13, and Mary at age 14. They were all very nice and fun to play with. On Friday we did school until everyone came back. Then for the next two days we didn’t do school! It was so cool! On Saturday we took a trip to one of Mary’s soccer games. After that we all got in the car and went to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. We went to a museum about Louis and Clark and went to a movie about building the arch. Next we got into a little 5-man elevator and went to the very top! The view was the best ever and I could even feel the Arch rock back and forth!

We were very hungry when we got back on the ground. So we went to a very fancy Italian restaurant. It was very good and I had lots of leftovers. Next we went to the coolest museum in the world. It is called the City Museum. But the thing is, it is not a museum at all! It is made from junk they found and they then turned it into the awesomest playground I have ever seen! There are tunnels and the biggest pencil in the world and seven story slides! We then went home and had a good night’s sleep. The next day was pretty much a stay-at-home day. Everyone had fun the whole day. Now we are driving to Springfield, Illinois.

No comments: