Friday, January 23, 2009

North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia


The next day we started heading out. It didn’t take long for my dad to spot out another museum. It was about special ops and sky diving. We watched a movie about them both and then went on a simulator. I’ve got to admit, it wasn’t that bad. Anyway we had a long drive ahead of us.
We drove to South Carolina. We got there and said hi to Mr. Miles and Mrs. Laura. We stayed there for a couple of days and got a tour of where Mr. Miles worked. He works as a professional chef teaching college students how to cook.
We went into town one day and stopped at a friend’s who used to live in Alaska named Nick. We also played with his little brother, Adam. We had fun playing risk with Nick and tag with Adam.
Then we went and drove near Atlanta, Georgia. My Dad has another college buddy over there. When we arrived it was dark, but I still saw some people standing outside. Dad rolled down his window and he looked like he was happy, so I assumed it was the Turko family he was telling us about. My Dad and Mr. Turko went in while and Robby and I gave their two kids, Chris and Robbie a tour of our coach. (Robbie and Robby started confusing us, so our Robby is Robby1 and theirs is Robbie2). Their daughter was on her very first skiing trip.

They were very nice kids and we went into their house so they could give us a tour. Then we went to play in there rec. room and played some more until Dad said it is time to sleep. We stayed up till at least 1:00 A.M.. The next day we got up, ate breakfast, and went to Chris’s basketball game. He was very good and a lot better than me. Same with Robbie, because we went to his game next. After that we went to a big monument called Stone Mountain. It was only 500 ft. high, but it was still fun. The next day my mom said that we were to leave today, but after a while, she said we could stay another night since Dad was working on a project there. The next day we could only play a little with Robbie2 and Chris. Then Mom told me it was time to leave. We drove out and headed south for 6 hours and finally we are in Florida! Bye!

Jan 15
We drove for a couple hours, then stopped at a campground and hit the sheets. The next day we did some school and when we were about to have lunch a friend my dad invited named Mr. Dennis came over. We gave him a tour and guess what, he invited us to dinner! We thanked him, he left, and we did more school.

When we got to his house we were introduced to his son at age 14 named Adam. He was really nice and told us about what he likes to do in high school and what he wants to do as an adult. Mr. Dennis also has a daughter named Hope at age 9. She was nice too and very good on the piano. The two of them got along very well. We then had some delicious spaghetti Mr. Dennis’s wife made. We played a little longer and then we left. It felt good as I lied down and went to sleep.

No comments: